Saturday, December 11, 2010

Dolly Mixture



OMG John Peel!

hanging out in one of their bedrooms

I saw Take Three Girls: The Dolly Mixture Story last month, I can't
express how exciting it was to hear their music played LOUD along
with their stories and faces! Towards the end I felt a bit weepy. Supreme
talent. And how uncool is Tracey Thorn for dissing them in that 80s magazine
article, SO UNCOOL!!! In one part the three of them as they are now were sitting on the floor huddled around a tape player listening to recordings of
them playing, giddy and awed from listening to the past in the present, so so cute. It showed one of Debsey's diary entries where she wrote something like 

"In the middle of hearing this Led Zeppelin song I knew I had to play music". 
they would make their clothes from 60s dress patterns, so so soo many more cool 
detailsss.<3<33333

and this song reminds me of driving 50 miles to and from school in my rusty old Chrysler New Yorker which was a luxury car for the old/rusty, a silver boat, listening to the Dolly Mixture tape that ray had mailed me. The landscape on my drive in winter was endless desolate Michigan tundra with sad deer lumps on the side of the road. Shonay Shonay would always make my heart beat fast and give me bouncing energy and excitement. And at the end it would softly lay me back down.

2 comments:

Erandi said...

ooooh! I wish see thi so badly! lucky! thanks for posting! <3

heavy puff said...

:)